Monday, January 21, 2013

DC Restaurant Review: MINTWOOD Place - Eat, Drink, and Be ...

It?s always exciting for me to try new restaurants especially new restaurants in DC. I?ve heard a lot about MINTWOOD Place in Adams Morgan, so I was happy when my mom suggested we try it out when she was in DC visiting right before Christmas. I?ve heard some pretty great things about the restaurant, and I got the impression that the restaurant was a fusion of French and good ole southern comfort food.

There was this organic very comfortable feel about the restaurant. It was decorated for the holidays, had a warm and cozy vibe, and actually reminded me of a quaint little restaurant in New York City.

We decided on a bottle of Veiga Serrantes Albarino, a wine I know pretty well, and started with the burrata appetizer, which was a large piece of creamy burrata on top of crispy kale with crunchy hazelnuts, apples, and tamarind.

This particular appetizer was incredible. The buttery Italian cheese with the earthy and crispy kale was a fantastic combination with the crunchy hazelnuts. And the appetizer actually paired well with the wine. My second choice for an appetizer was their steak tartare with spuds, but I?ll have to come back to try that.

As usual it was pretty hard to pick an entree because everything sounded really good. The server was knowledgeable on all of the dishes, which is always helpful, but it was still hard to make a decision. I finally chose the wood grilled shrimp & mackeral, goat & espelette curd, and beet root while my mom went with the flame-grilled bacon cheese burger which looked delicious.

We also got a side of the brussels sprouts with bacon for a side dish.

The food was beautifully presented, and these particular dishes came highly recommended by our server, but for some reason I was a little underwhelmed. Don?t get me wrong, the food was very good, but I expected it to be great. I had really high hopes, and I just expected a little more. I just wanted to a little more flavor from both the brussels sprouts and the fish dish. On the other side, my mom really enjoyed her burger and said it was cooked perfectly.

I?d definitely like to try this place again sometime, but I wouldn?t put it at the top of my list. With all that being said, it was a really lovely restaurant, a great atmosphere, and the food was very good. My mom and I had a really great time together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Did you like this? Share it:

Source: http://www.eatdrinkandbehopeful.com/2013/01/dc-restaurant-review-mintwood-place/

Rajesh Khanna friday the 13th toy story 4 toy story 4 steam kristin chenoweth Robert Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment